- Community Event
- Festivals and Celebrations
- 23 Jun 2018 16:00 21:00
The Mansfield Lantern Festival is a family friendly community festival held on the Saturday closest to the longest night of the year – the Winter Solstice. Celebrating winter, community, family and fun.
Come along on Saturday 17th June 2017 for a fun and family night out.
This year there are two parts to the festival – the Erril Street Rejuvenation Launch followed by the Mansfield Lantern Festival and parade.
Festivities will begin at 4.30pm in the Errol Street precinct and then our parade will kick off at 5.30pm (and anyone with a lantern can take part). There’ll be food, wine, fire and music with celebrations continuing until 9pm.
The festival celebrates community and art with arts, crafts, workshops,a parade, music and more. Visit the website to see some images from the inaugural festival in June 2015 and 2016.
Anyone can come along to the festival – in fact the more the merrier!
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Family Friendly
- Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf.
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times.
- Suitable for guests with a vision impairment. Attained by providing for guests with partial vision impairment or total loss of useable vision.
- Public Toilet
- Non Smoking