Getting here by car
A warm welcome, stunning landscapes and fresh country air awaits you in Mansfield Mt Buller. So grab your bags, pack the car and we'll see you soon in the High Country.
Melbourne to Mansfield
The drive from Melbourne is a scenic 2.5 hour drive. There are a number of options:
Scenic Route – Ever changing Landscape
From Melbourne, head towards Lilydale and continue through Healesville and Marysville, past the dramatic and impressive Cathedral Ranges.
Wanderings and Wineries
Leave Melbourne heading for Lilydale and continue through the rolling vine clad hills of Yarra Glen. Pass King Lake National Park through to Glenburn.
Take the quick way to Mansfield Mt Buller and you will still enjoy some spectacular views.
From Tullamarine Airport
Follow the signs to the Hume Highway and take the Tallarook exit, then continue onwards towards Yea and Mansfield.
The North to Mansfield
From the Bright and Falls Creek region: Take the Great Alpine Road to Wangaratta and then take the Hume Freeway to Benalla. At Benalla exit the Freeway and take the Midland Highway to Mansfield.
Or for a more scenic option, drive via the King Valley through the townships of Oxley, Milawa, Whitfield and Tolmie. Along the way you can stop and savour some of the region’s stunning cool-climate wines.
From Beechworth: Take the Beechworth-Wangaratta Road onto the Great Alpine Road. Then drive the Hume Freeway to Benalla. From Benalla take the Midland Highway to Mansfield.
For the scenic option see above under Bright and Falls Creek.
From Albury-Wodonga: Take the Hume Freeway to Benalla. At Benalla, exit the Freeway and take the Midland Highway to Mansfield.
To Mt Buller / Mt Stirling
In Winter Only
1. Hire wheel chains for your car in Mansfield or Merrijig (or before resort entry).
2. Fuel up in Mansfield as it's the last point to purchase petrol before Mt Buller.
3. From Mansfield, you’ll reach the Mt Buller/Mt Stirling resort entry in about 20 minutes.
4. Purchase resort entry online.
5. Only fit chains if road signs indicate you to do so.
6. 20 minutes’ drive until you reach the car parking area. Park where attendants signal to.
7. If staying overnight (Mt Buller), catch a taxi to your accommodation.
OR: If you're staying just for the day - you can either hop on a free shuttle bus into the Village, or you can ride the Northside Express Chairlift directly to the snowfields.
Read more on Mt Buller's website
Please be aware that wildlife is often seen on the Mt Buller Road. Drive with care.